Wayanad tour packages from Mumbai
Wayanad tour packages from Mumbai are two extreme destinations to plan a tour to. The fast paced life and lifestyle of Mumbai and the silent, serene ambience of Wayanad make the two destinations a perfect concoction for those seeking hot and cold experience in their holiday package. Both the places are perfect destination for honeymooners, family members or group of friends. From an exhausting travel experience in Mumbai to the calming ambience of Wayanad, this tour package adds a lot of element and perspective to your holiday experience.
Travel and time
You can take an overnight train from Mumbai till Calicut and then take a private cab or taxi to head to Wayanad. The total distance from Mumbai to Wayanadis approximately 1200 kilometers.
You can also take a flight from Mumbai to Calicut and a cab from Calicut to Wayanad and it would take you about the same time as an overnight train would – it would take approximately 17 to 18 hours of travel time. You can also take the Mumbai- Bangalore- Wayanad route.
Places of attraction in Mumbai
The commercial capital of Maharashtra and one of the most crowded city of India Mumbai popularly referred to as Bollywood has for time immemorial been a place for dreamers who come with huge expectations to make a life for themselves in the colorful world of amchi Mumbai.Mumbai is one city that houses high rising towers as well as the world’s second largest slum Dharavi. The slum has equally paved way for tourists across the globe to plan a trip to Mumbai. Dharavi as a global tourist attraction certain created a controversy but then that is the bitter fact of Mumbai’s multi-faceted attractions. Barring Dharavi slum, Mumbai has so many tourist attraction spots that every traveler visiting Mumbai will have something to take back as memory. Some of the places worth visiting with family, friends and self are:
- With friends family and kids you can visit
- National gallery of modern art
- Chhatrapathi Shivaji MAharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya
- Jahangir art gallery
- Kala Ghoda pavement art
- Indian fine art & Sakshi gallery
- Essel world
- Siddhi Vinayak temple and Mahalakshmi temple
- Haji Ali Dargah
- Global pagoda
- Elephanta caves
- Nehru planetarium
- Hanging garden & Kamala Nehru park
- FD Alpaiwalla museum showcasing Parsi religion and culture
- The Beaches
- Worli sea face attracts people for its provision for long walks
- Girgaum Chowpatty is also famous for its snacks stall and sunset over Malabar hill
- Bandra bandstand once used to attract several bands playing their composition today it is a popular lovers point
- Juhu beach is known for its crazy carnival like evening especially during the weekends
- Sanjay Gandhi Borivali National park
- Bandra Worli Sea link is the brand new connecting link that has given Mumbaiites some relief from the maddening crowd within the main city
- Tour of Mumbai is incomplete without a dose of shopping. Mumbai is a main fashion hub where all the latest trends hit the market first before any other metro city.
- For modern and traditional trendy shoes bags and accessories Lamington road is a place to visit
- Colaba Causeway is a tourist shopping destination
- With nearly 150 inexpensive stalls fashion street is lined with everything fashionable
- Nestled in the middle of a Muslim market the Chor Bazaar literally translates into Thieves market and offers weird and unique things on sale
- Crawford market is set in a colonial building and you can grab fruits, vegetable, electronics and pets.
- Zaveri Bazaar is the place for you to head to for gold shopping
- For trendy home décor items you can head to the Bombay store
- And for the feel of buying books from an ancient style shop head straight to Kitab Khana
Places of attraction in Wayanad
Surrounded with greenery, majestic mountains, misty ambience, aromaticplantations and everything natural Wayanad is a place replicating the unseen heaven on earth. Wayanad is a hidden treasure land that Gods own country houses in its belly. Least disturbed by tourist population Wayanad is one tourist destination that lives beyond anyone’s travel expectations. Serenity, tranquility and peace of mind along with adventure and exhilaration are what you can get in balanced proportions from your tour of Wayanad. Some of the places of interest in Wayanad are:
- The towering Chembra Peak
- Trekkers delight- the majestic Neelimala
- The picturesque Lakkidi view point
- The natural skull shaped like Phantom rock
- The amazing carving and inscription on the famous Edakkal caves
- The well-known Ambukutty Mala
- The Pazhassi Raja tomb and park
- The mythical healing powers of Papanashini river in Tholpetty
- Kuruwadweep or Kuruva islands is another famous picnic spot and offers ferry rides and bamboo rafting
- The attractive lakes of Wayanad
- The fresh water Pookot lake offers boating facilities and a perfect picnic spot for tourist and domestic visitors
- KarladLake offers a picturesque locale and a perfect silence for a perfect picnic with family friends or loved one.
- The wildlife sanctuaries of Wayanad offering close encounter with the wild residents with the help of a tour guide
- Wayanad wildlife sanctuary
- Tholpetty wildlife sanctuary
- Pakshipathalam bird sanctuary
- Begur wildlife sanctuary
- Muthanga wildlife sanctuary
- Bamboo forest
- The breathtakingmultitier waterfalls of Wayanad are ultimate reward for the adventure trekkers who take the perilous trek trail only to reach these breathtaking falls
- Soochipara falls
- Meenmutty falls
- Chethalayam falls
- Kanthanpara falls
- The earth dams
- Banasura Sagar Dam helps promote hydel tourism in Wayanad. Boating facilities, boat ride to the island formed and the picturesque view of the surrounding mountains make for an ideal picnic spot near the dam
- Karapuzha dam offers a picturesque view of aquatic birds and is surrounded partially by a submerged hills and green islands.
- Rural tour at Meppadi and Vaduvanchal offers you a tour of the spice and coffee plantations. You can hire a cab or taxi and head straight to Vythiri and get acquainted with the people living in the small villages in the vicinity. Take a tour through the Vanilla bean, rubber and tea plantation. You can also head out on an adventure trek.
Mumbai & Wayanad
From a commercial hub like Mumbai to a quiet and serene destination like Wayanad, the tour package from Mumbai to Wayanad is certainly a tour experience that will leave you memories and experiences beyond description. A fashionable city like Mumbai will offers you a shopping experience that includes ever thing latest in trend and on the other hand a place like Wayanad will help you have a shopping experience with a difference that showcases the artistry and craftsmanship of the locals and the tribal. Its simple contrasts as these that make this tour package from Mumbai to Wayanad an interesting one.