Wayanad tour packages from Madurai
Wayanad tour packages from Madurai your trip to both the places will offer you a concoction of religious fervors, serenity and excitement. A holiday package that offers a medley of divinity, picturesque façade and adventure is an experience for you to savor.
Depending on the budget and package you choose the choice of places you would be visiting would also vary.
Travel & time
To reach Wayanad from Madurai there are no direct flights. You will need to cover a aerial distance of 237 kilometers approximately from Madurai to Bangalore by air and from there hire a cab or taxi to reach Wayanad. From Madurai by bus or train you might have to travel approximately 420 kilometers to reach Wayanad.
Be it air, bus or train there are no direct means to reach Wayanad from Madurai. You have to change at least two buses or hire a cab or taxi invariable by any mode you decide to travel.
Depending on the mode of travel your travel time may vary between 4 to six hours.
The second largest city of Tamilnadu, Madurai is a 3500 year old historically significant place of Tamilnadu. Called the Athens of the east Madurai holds a lot of resemblance because of its architectural style and alleyways. Several customizable tour packages can be availed especially the walking tour that’s earned a lot of repertoire for providing a comprehensive outlook of Madurai’s history.
- Meenakshi temple- the focal point of Madurai, built around a Shiva lingam and surrounded by 4500 pillars and 12 towers is a central point of attraction in Madurai. Spread across 15 acres, the temple is always busy with activities happening. You an spend a day in the temple as it is a living temple and witness paal abhishekam, the fragrance of incense, the general abhishekham so on and so forth…
- Puthu Mandapam- this entrance dates back to the 17th century. Consider this entrance as a haven for shoppers. You can find tailors, shops and a lot to buy here. Balbina Boutique is very popular with foreign tourists here.
- Thirumalai Nayak palace- the second biggest attraction of Madurai, the palace is a standing example of Indo Sarcenic style, standing on the inputs of an Italian architect. The palace was also his resting place. Only a part of the temple is intact. A lot of renovation works has undergone on the temple. The palace hosts a sound and light show every evening.
- St.Marys cathedral is one of the oldest catholic churches in India. Originally built in 1840 the church had rework done in 1916? The two bell towers are a perfect blend of European and Continental styles and they add make the church a prime place of attraction for pilgrims and leisure tourists.
- Banana market might be filled with bananas only but it sure is a spectacular sight to watch 16 varieties of banana in this fascinating banana market of Madurai
- Murugan Idly shop though has several branches in Chennai too; the one at Madurai serves you true authentic south Indian food varieties.
- Gandhi memorial museum across the Vaigai River was the summer palace of Queen Mangammal. The museum is dedicated to Gandhi and houses items that belonged to him like a shawl, bloodstained loin cloth – dhoti, spectacles, yarn etc. On the same ground of Gandhi museum is also located the Madurai government museum.
There are a lot of places to visit in Wayanad and return with unforgettable memories. Some of the tour operators offer exciting entertainments like tribal trails, Corporate tours, Adventure tours, wild life tours, Ayurvedic tours, backwater cruises, pilgrimage, honeymoon tours, cultural tours,
Some of the places you can visit while touring Wayanad are
- The mountains and rivers for adventure tour
- Chembra peak
- Banasuran mala
- Elembileri mala
- Thariode mala
- Pakshipathalam known for its huge boulders
- The Kabini river , an important tributary of river Kaveri
- Panamaram river
- Kalindy river
- Manathavady river
- The majestic falls and dams of Wayanad not just offer a splendid sight but also set an adventurous trail for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Soochipara falls
- Kanthanpara falls
- Meenmutty falls
- Chethalayam falls
- Banasura Sagar dam
- Pookot lake
- The wildlife sanctuaries are a place to visit in Wayanad.
- Adventure tree house accommodations offer you a close view of wild life
- Theme based resorts based on nature make living in the woods more exciting
- Home stay options too are exciting and interesting and help provide a cultural exposure to the lifestyle and cuisines of the locals.